Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Adventure Begins

For the past 25 years, my husband and I have dreamed of designing and building a home...our dream home. Well, we are finally going to realize that dream! We spent 2 years looking for the perfect spot. We found it last year and it is now all ours. So, we started to work with an architect. He's a very nice man. I have known his wife for years, as we work at the same place. Phil and I met with him, gave him pictures of homes we liked and a floor plan that was pretty close to what we wanted. He came back to us yesterday with his plans....and they looked NOTHING like either the pictures or the floor plan we gave him. I had to try and politely tell him that I didn't like any of what he had done. This is tough to do when you are so disappointed. But tell him I did. After he left, my husband looked at me and said "Is this what you wanted in a plan?" NO, NO, NO. To which his reply was "Good! I didn't like it either!".

I guess its back to the drawing board for round two. Maybe this time he will remember to put a window in the second bathroom!

Stay tuned on this blog station...I will try to chronicle our adventures in home construction!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Barbara. I am the mother of 2 teenagers and 5 small dogs. Trust me - the 5 dogs are WAY easier than the 2 teenagers!