Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lord, grant me patience...

I used to think that no one could "push my buttons" better than my husband...I was wrong. My teenagers are WAY better! All the experts say, when dealing with teenagers, the most important thing is to never lose your cool. Clearly, those experts never spent any significant length of time working with anyone in this age group. I try really hard but....eventually I find myself losing it and getting sucked into their moods. Yikes!

Don't get me wrong, I am blessed with 2 really good kids. They really aren't doing anything that every other teenager in the world isn't doing too. And I am fortunate in that mostly what I have to handle with them is mouthiness, at least so far!

If there is anyone out there reading this posting who has survived raising teenagers, I would love to hear from you. I am particularly interested in ways to keep my cool when their hormones (and mine) are raging!

1 comment:

Madawyh said...

no help here -i was the mouthy teenager!

About Me

My photo
My name is Barbara. I am the mother of 2 teenagers and 5 small dogs. Trust me - the 5 dogs are WAY easier than the 2 teenagers!