Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Two Little Boys

Someone I know had a baby boy today. I found this especially moving, as MY "baby boy" started High School today. HE was very nervous. His MOTHER was a basket case! But anyway...

How is it possible that he is in High School already? Wasn't it just last week that I watched that chubby, red haired little boy take his first steps into my arms? And wasn't it just yesterday that he started kindergarden? And didn't he reach Junior High School only an hour ago?

When my children were little, other parents told me "enjoy it....it goes by quickly". And I listened. I really did. But I don't think that anything truly prepared me for just HOW quickly it would go. Or the fact that the speed of life would not simply go from one rate to another but would instead go into a constant acceleration that has yet to slow down, much less stop.

So here we are in High School, raging hormones and all.

He turns 15 in a couple more weeks. If you think I am melancholy now, just wait until that post comes along!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Barbara. I am the mother of 2 teenagers and 5 small dogs. Trust me - the 5 dogs are WAY easier than the 2 teenagers!